Tuesday, January 3, 2012

HAVE YOU ANY WOOL...YES SIR, THREE TRUCKS FULL

...I am de-cluttering.  For many of you, this means cleaning a couple of drawers...shredding some papers...for me it took a little more...
 That is right...all of you who know me have been waiting for this day for years.  These two fearless men were set to make my day.
 They are smiling...I haven't opened the garage yet.
 or Cliff's roomor Henry's office, or the spare room, or the long awaited emptying of "the room"
I sorted, I selected, I culled, let's face it I did a great job!!!  They were shocked...wow, you have alot.  I said, when we called we said we had alot.  Evidentally, that term is relative.
They called for reinforcements...another truck

In 3 and a half hours all of it was gone...all of it!
DISCLAIMER:  PLAID COUCH NOT MINE
  
Then they swept...



It was a miracle...and they were proud...
I think I want them back...maybe I have another truck in me to throw out!
All in all it was a purifying experience.
I have given away, donated, left goodies on people's doorstep, and sold on eBay.  
 
I threw out the little chest from my parent's house that I started refinishing before Cliff was born 22 years ago.

I threw out my mother's cookware...she has been dead for 40 years, and she had had it for 30 years...it was a sign when the handles fell off finally.

I went through it all!
They say that the first step is the most important.  
 
What did I do tonight?
Went to Barnes and Noble and read their magazines--and NO I did not buy any!
 
I might have learned my lesson. When you are in a pinch you don't call Ghostbusters...you call
1-800-GOT-JUNK
 

No comments:

Post a Comment