Friday, June 17, 2011

WHEN YOU GET THE "URGE"

Tonight everyone had the "Urge" to go for a burger and a beer at URGE AMERICAN GASTROPUB.  


This happens to be a great little restaurant (although tonight very loud) with a terrific bar and a huge selection of beers.  


This is very popular venue and it was Friday night.  We arrived at 7:20 and the wait was 30 minutes to an hour (this, for me, is an eternity).  After about 20 minutes, we snagged a couple of couches and ordered drinks...in my case a Calico.


After about thirty minutes, we decided to check how the wait was going.  I was closest.  I sidled up to the podium to check it out.

My eyes raced down the page, quickly scanning the entries, there we were:

Henry--IN 7:22--30 to 1--Old Guy glasses


I started to laugh!
After years of spending time being politically correct, it all came down to "old guy glasses."


In hindsight, 18 months ago our reservation could have been the one at the bottom:


"redhead with man (big)"

Dinner was great!! and I got a blog out of it...what more could you ask.

Oh, yeah, he is my old guy with glasses...
and "old" is relative.

1 comment:

  1. I think Henry could pass for Charlie Clifford's brother!

    ReplyDelete