Sunday, November 14, 2010

THE ROSE BOWL IS NOT JUST FOR UCLA...


...it is also the home of the Rose Bowl Flea Market on the second Sunday of every month.

So I put on my walking shoes...
and headed out with a friend at 5:30 AM to go to the Rose Bowl Flea Market.

Arriving at the Flea Market in a hoard of cars and people so early was overwhelming...it has been a long time since I had been there and had forgotten the frenzy...
There was a ton of vintage clothing, although most not older than the current clothes in my closet...we know I never let go of anything...
 Wonderful beaded sweaters
 Jerky for Henry...but I did not buy any due to the diet situation (I am sure he would not eat it)
 A black Santa with gorilla feet on....sorry I cut them out...
Ancient fast foot conveyances
 My typewriter from high school
 Tons of vintage blingy baubles
 It was a gorgeous day....Rose Bowl....mountains...people....people...people
A wreath made of old sheet music!!

 Beads from Ghana
 Clearly the concession to have is to have ATM machines...lines out the door all the time...six machines no waiting.
 This girl was my fave...vintage clothes, Chinese umbrella, 
Saddle Shoes....and, of course, an iphone..
 
 As we began our travel across the 210 to head home, I looked up and saw a billboard for a Trini Lopez concert.  I said, Dear Lord, I did not even know Trini Lopez was still alive.  My friend said--Alive!  I have never even heard of him.  That is when you know you are reeeeaaaaallllly old!!
  So I broke into the classic Lemon Tree.   She looked at me as though I were insane because she had never heard the song either.  To refresh everyone's memory...here it is:


Make sure your volume is on!! and sing along...Lemon tree very pretty...
Trini is now 73 and I still have a hard time believing that he is having a concert and just think about the customer base for that puppy.  Tickets and details are available here.

 We then headed off to Riverside so that I could see the Mission Inn Hotel which is just classic California and charming.  They have 3.5 million lights up for their Holiday Display.





No comments:

Post a Comment