Monday, November 15, 2010

RUBBER DUCKY

I can't believe that I forgot the highlight of the entire shopping experience within my Sunday trek to the Rose Bowl Flea Market.  On the way home, we stopped in Claremont and went into a store called Bath Junkie.


I asked the young lady working if there was a store in Las Vegas, and she said oh, no this is the only one.  Well, come to find out there are 40 stores...as widespread as Key West and Puerto Rico...and about twenty in Texas.

You all remember the classic Sesame Street rendition by Ernie of Rubber Ducky....


While there I discovered a plethora of Rubber Duckies in all shapes and sizes...and then there came the Piece de Resistance....a Jesus Rubber Ducky from Celebriducks.  He does actually walk (well float) on water--all while holding a little lamb.



Come to find out "Celebriducks" has a vast array of rubber duckiss from the famous (Obama)
 and Clinton

to the infamous (Mr. T.),
Mae West (I know what you are thinking...do not even go there)

and, of course, Santa Claus.  

There is a Pope Duckie....maybe he could have a chat with Jesus in your tub...a meeting of the "minds" so to speak.....you might have to keep the bubbles down.
In the words of my last ducky for the tubby:
"Toto, we aren't in Kansas anymore...(and I ad lib here, but if we were I wish we could get a University of Kansas Jayhawk rubber ducky....
Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus!!

No comments:

Post a Comment