Monday, October 4, 2010

RAMEN NOODLES

Today I had to go to a meeting in Century City Shopping Center in LA. 

I was ecstatic...ECSTATIC!!

Why the excitement over a shoe meeting?? 

Well, nestled in the corner of the Food Court in Century City is a little place called Ajisen Ramen.




The first time I went to this little eaterie, I was alone and it was a Friday night.  I'll admit I was feeling a little sorry for myself.  I was exhausted and this was the first place I saw when I entered the food court.  I went to the counter and ordered basically the only thing that I recognized on the menu:  Beef Curry Noodles.

My dinner arrived and as I carried my tray over to the table the most phenomenal aroma wafted upward.  I thought OMG if this tastes half as good as it smells, I am in for a treat.

It was in a large bowl, with a small spoon.  I took one sip, looked around and thought--"Do you think anyone would notice if I dunked my entire head into the bowl?"  Then I realized that I simply did not care--it was that good.

I stopped in after work today got two huge orders to go and thought about it on my 4 hour drive home (it was "misting").

The best is I bought TWO--one for tomorrow!

It was...and is...quite simply one of the best dishes in the galaxy!!! 

Num-o!

No comments:

Post a Comment