Sunday, September 6, 2009

PERMS AND POLYESTER

I went to the local grocery store today, and while I was following out a fellow patron and I began to wonder at what point in your life do you wake up and have the need for a pair of polyester pants.

  • Is it because they are washable, and you are into easy care?
  • Is it because they go so much better with white shoes?
  • Is it because a guayaberra shirt goes better with them?

For the female side....is there a time that you feel the urge to get a perm or a roller set? Are the floral shirts sold at the store next to the beauty parlor??


The flip side of this is that I spend my days walking by women who are shopping for clothes that are way too young for them. No matter how well toned your body is, at 55 it is way to late to wear low cut jeans with your midriff showing. You are only as young as you feel--body parts are a different animal.

I walk by the clothes and think how cute they are and then it dawns on me: I actually had them the first time around...thirty years ago. I can close my eyes and still think how cute I looked in the very short bubble skirt that I wore over black and white striped leggings.

Those were the days!! Sigh! I probably still have the clothes upstairs in the size 4-6 closet--soon to go to eBay as Vintage!!

In keeping with these thoughts, I read an article today that said that the Moody Blues are still touring with two of the original members--seriously they are 68 years old. My old boss and his wife are Moody Blues groupies (at 58 years old-I wonder if they are the youngest). They spend the summers following the band around and they have to drive, because his wife fills the trunk with memorabilia.

I can honestly say I never understood the Moody Blues, and actually until last year I thought it was Knights in White Satin and I could never figure out how that would help them in battle.




That was them then......


This is them now!!


See...everyone has their little foibles, I guess Henry playing golf is not so bad!!

No comments:

Post a Comment