Wednesday, September 9, 2009

HEIGHT OF LAZINESS

I used to think that it was bad that Henry and I would sit in opposite rooms in the house and play gin rummy with each other online because we were too lazy to sit at a table and shuffle the cards, deal the cards, and write the score down. It seemed a little odd. Had we really sunk this far into the technology era that it seemed the most prudent thing to do.

Actually, noone will play games of any kind--OK, I am a little competitive, I admit. It does not bother me to lose over and over again, because I know that eventually I will never lose. I played Gin with Henry for years before the tide turned and I would win all of the time...then he would not play with me anymore. Now even in other rooms I hear him screaming. Now he will not even computer play with me any more.



I also never believed in letting children win because they were children. My parents did not let me win...maybe that is what made me so determined to win. Cliff would sit and play Scrabble for hours with me, and never win; but he would play. One of the biggest moments of parental pride was when he said "all those years of losing to you makes me seem like a genius when I play at college." See you can pass it on.


One of my favorite games of all time is Tile Rummy or Rummikub. It is super Rummy with tiles....mmmm what fun! The only time I would get to play is when Mark and Katie would come and visit and Mark and I would play for hours. Playing tile rummy is like a dying art, but the good news is I found a place on-line that is only Rummikub...I play for hours now with people from China and Finland. I love it!!


Back to the height of laziness--focus, Cathi. Henry and I actually just Skyped each other to speak in different rooms over the computer because neither one of us would get up to walk into the other room. Seriously, we wonder why I am overweight.



CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW??


No comments:

Post a Comment