Thursday, January 15, 2009

INTERVENTION

OK. I know I told all of you that it would take a very strong person to wrestle that absolutely gorgeous watch off of my wrist.

I will admit I called Henry and begged and cajoled, but he held firm.

I was sick of emails from Katie that just said "Return the watch."

This is the latest from my friend Andrea: "
If you truly have the desire to be frugal you will return the watch. I saw the picture and what were you thinking? It is trend not fashion and trend is never for the frugal. Snap out of it and return the damn watch already!" Queen of Manolo's, St. John, and all things Neimans. For God's sake Andrea, the watch was black...how trendy could it be.

I cannot begin to go into what Linell said.

Stephen intervened, grabbed me by the bag and dragged me to one. (Perfect that he grabbed my camera as well, huh?)

Mike seemed delighted to return the watch.

The upside to all o this is DO YOU SEE HOW FAT I LOOK!! Workout and diet Monday!!! Either that or I can ret myself out as a dustcover for furniture in a summer house.


2 comments:

  1. This picture cracked me up! If you ask me you bought the watch in 08' and you were not frugal in 08, therefore the watch shouldn't have made on the table for discussion. I still have a new one if you want...oooh, maybe the one w/ diamonds this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This picture cracked me up! If you ask me you purchased the watch in 08, and you were not frugal in 08! Therefore the watch should not have made it on the table for discussion. I have another one if you change your mind. Ooooh, this time get the one with the diamonds!!!

    ReplyDelete