Wednesday, January 14, 2009

IT'S NOT JUST ME

This evening I worked the night shift. I have spent days debating taking back a shirt purchased for $12, people were coming in this evening returning things that they had been given as Christmas gifts that had been purchased YEARS ago, smelling of mothballs, with UPCs that have been out of the system for years.

I know it is not their fault. How do you tell them that their "friend/relative" thought enough of them to give them a lovely orange Polo shirt that is still in its package and never worn. Do you think that they thought it was suspicious that it smelled as thought it had been in storage for 5 years.

It is a whole new scary method of re-gifting.

In my own defense, I returned about $150 tonight...but not the watch!! ;^)

No comments:

Post a Comment