Wednesday, January 11, 2012

APRIL 17TH...

April 17th was an important day in history...
1970 Apollo 13 returned to earth
1961 Bay of Pigs invasion

1790 Benjamin Franklin dies 

1976 Mike Schmidt hit four consecutive homers 
1964 Ford Mustange debuts at World's Fair
2002 General Hospital airs 10,000 episode
2000 Gift Certificate issued for a aromamanicure & pedicure at LaCosta given to me for my 49th birthday
Promptly misplaced
1/4/2012 Gift Certificate FOUND!!!
The legendary Spa at LaCosta welcomed me for my manicure and pedicure (after being informed that gift certificates do not expire in California).  This was helped along by the fact that there was no value written on the gift certificate--who knew a mani/pedi today would cost $105.
  The decor is exquisite!

Tammy, my manicurist, said that I should be glad I waited as she has worked there for 13 years and it is much nicer now!
She was lovely...they all couldn't have been nicer.  OK, it was a little embarrassing when they held up the gift certificate for all to see what things were like in the "old days".
Besides 12 years ago I would have never been able to get a shellac on my nails (only on my furniture).
 It was a lovely gift,
a lovely day, 
 
a lovely venue.
Thank you to Betsy, Jeff, Mark, and Katie for my wonderful day at the Spa! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment