Friday, December 23, 2011

SANTA HOPS DOWN WRONG CHIMNEY--FACE RED!!

Historically, I organize our Secret Santa family event.  It is a very fun event.


This year I drew Kurt.  Kurt is a phenomenal Jazz Trumpet player.  I knew immediately what I wanted to do--a custom Jazz playlist for his iPhone.  Simple, right?  

I can make a playlist. 
I can go to iTunes.
I can GOOGLE H-E-L-P!!


Explanations varied from "it can't be done" to "just do it".

Take it from me--it can be done, but it certainly is not simple.

I picked out approximately 60 of my favorite Jazz tunes and made a playlist.  Then I tried to gift the playlist...which kept coming back with an error message that you could not gift part of an album only purchase.  


Now it would be nice if they told you which songs were the album only song.  You have to post it then you can see.


Went through this process four times.


Out of my 60 songs, I was only able to put 34 songs on the playlist for Kurt.  


You can go to iTunes and look at the playlists as follows:


Kurt's Jazz (created at 10:55)
Kurt's Jazz (created at 11:10)
Kurt's Jazz Holiday 2011 (created at 11:14)
Kurt's Jazz Holiday 2011 (created at 11:18)

...and...winner winner chicken dinner

HO HO HO KURT TO GO
go to iTunes and search!

It was exciting!  
I published an Playlist! 

My Secret Santa would be thrilled at the selection
 I am victorious!

Until I got the phone call--Kurt got two gifts today from his Secret Santa...mine and Grandma Betty's.

Could I be wrong?
Did I put Kurt's name down twice?
Whose name did I neglect?
Conveniently, I still had the cards from Thanksgiving in my car--when I opened it

Kurt was not my Secret Santa!!

Right house--wrong chimney!

Happy Holidays!!


1 comment:

  1. Your wonderful gift came to me. Grandma Betty's did too. ( I didn't think it was supposed to work that way ;)Now, Betsy brings Betty's gift to me down to you so you can turn around and send the correct gift to Mark, and we are all done....

    Kurt

    ReplyDelete