Thursday, September 23, 2010

URTH TO ANDREA

Should I mention again how wonderful Urth Caffee is???  We are regulars there now and we have only been in town for two days.  In two days we have eaten there FOUR times.  Did I mention the cottage cheese--seriously cottage cheese.  But you can tell from the rich caramel color how wonderful the Amazing Grace Irish tea is....perfect with my knitting.
 and with the vegan Pumpkin Pie with the granola crust--YUM-O
Then we went to find the canals of Venice...Andrea told her father to look for a $6,542,000 charge cause she found a house.
The canals were built in 1904-05 to replicate the canals in Venice Italy.  Originally there were 16 miles of canals. In 1929 most of the canals were filled to accommodate the new mode of transportation, the automobile. This is a postcard from 1917.  How wonderful was this??

The choices were many...I will just upload and you can have fun looking.  We had fun walking and pretending that we lived there.  We walked just long enough that it was time for another meal at Urth.  I will give you a hint...my fave was the orangey-yellow one with the lime green deck chairs, or the...






















If I lived here I would not only be home...I would never leave home.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful...I like playing "where would I live", wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete