Monday, January 18, 2010

HOW COULD HE BE 21??


We were in Las Vegas this weekend for Clifford's birthday. He was 21. Did I say that, he was 21! When did that happen? One moment he is two and I am ordering him an Espresso and now he is 21 and I am ordering him a Negroni (I do not even know what that is).

All Cliff cares about is food, politics, and law...I think in that order. Jeffrey
Steingarten and Michael Pollan are his new fave authors, and Mario Batali his hero (Henry's too because of the Orange Crocs).

After a delicious sushi dinner Friday night
Cliff looks happy doesn't he. (Did I forget to mention who was in Las Vegas...Katie, Betsy, Henry, Judy, Cliff and I.) Over Saki we decided that Saturday would be a good day for a road trip to Hoover Dam.

Saturday AM we threw Betsy in the "far back" of the Jeep, and headed off, she looks happy doesn't she...
Off we went to Hoover Dam...
this is a new bridge that they are building over the dam...
Yes you are right...the reason I am not in this picture is because I have no sunglasses...

This year Henry and I have been married 30 years...
...but still it is exciting to find out that Henry and Judy were at Hoover Dam 40 years ago...
DAMN!!
After we were through with the dam adventure we headed back to LV for our birthday dinner at Mario Batali's B and B Ristorante. Clifford had spent weeks choosing the perfect restaurant...and this was his choice.
We toasted Clifford's new age status!


This picture of the whole group was taken by the woman at the next table (see below), who happened to be the wife of the Majority Leader of the House of Alabama, Ken Guin. Tell me his parents did not have a sense of humor...put his name together and it rhymes with Penguin...
Then we came home and googled him and found that nice as he is, he might be double dipping salary wise with several colleges. Nice guy though!!
Dessert...before and...
after!
A good night was had by all...HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLIFFORD....may there be many more.
btw Negroni is 1 part gin, 1 part Campari, 1 part Sweet Vermouth.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had a great time and it's really hard to believe that 30 years have gone by!

    ReplyDelete