Thursday, December 17, 2009

HIGH TECH OLD SCHOOL

It seems as though technology has been moving at the speed of light....haven't we all... iPhones, 8" laptops, Timex watches (oops! how did that get in there).

I have just begun to get comfortable taking my Mac into coffee shops and sitting down for a cuppa. But, it is now the norm...go into any Barnes and Noble or Starbucks and laptops galore. Everyone checking out everyone else's technology.

Tonight I entered the B&N in Escondido and to my amazement there was a gentleman sitting by the trash can with his desktop. You heard me...desktop, CPU...ad we are not talking an Apple box here, we are talking Dell big huge monitor. Don't believe me...see below.
Henry looked at me and said "How do you think he got that in here?"

I ordered my coffee, looked at the girl behind the counter, and said "Does he have his desktop with him?? " She said "yeah, he's been here all week."

I know you cannot see it but for a double dose of nerd-dom he is wearing two pairs of eyeglasses.

It was shocking indeed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment