Sunday, October 25, 2009

SECOND CHANCE TWO



This is the month for the annual Second Chance event at Bloomingdale's. I wish I could say that I am the main driver for this event....but I seem to just drive the donations to the facility....and take the pictures of course.

It is a great cause, and we have a great time doing it. Laughter, tears, and, of course everything with humor.

The SECOND CHANCE PROGRAM was begun by Scott Silverman, shown here with Kathleen Fogarty.
Scott was named a CNN Hero and just released his book "Tell Me No I Dare You!"
available at Amazon....of course.

Here is a great article from the LA Times


We had people there for hair...
image consultants...
consultant consultants
and, we definitely showed teamwork
There were makeovers
Then there was the group shot....I had a hard time getting everyone in the picture until Scott said...."Everyone turn sideways, pretend there is a number in front of you"
But still my favorite story of all was when one of our people asked what type of job there were going to try to get.
The Second Chance Alum said "Sales".
She was asked "Do you have experience in Sales?"

She said "You bet! I sold crack!"
I bet she would do fine selling whatever she wants to...can't wait until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment