Saturday, October 24, 2009

I'M IN STITCHES

OK! I admit it...sometimes when I am bored I google myself. Obviously, it was a slow day and I found myself googling, well, me. The usual things came up, stitch guides, white pages, etc.

Then I decided to google my old store, I'm in Stitches, in Newburyport, MA.

There was a blog (Moth Heaven) that listed I'm in Stitches (now defunct). Now defunct. That hurt. I do not know why it hurt. I closed it and moved on...on to San Diego. But....defunct.....eek!

Two lines below Moth Heaven was a clip from the Newburyport Daily News. Local resident opens needlework store, Uncommon Threads.

It had a picture of the lovely owner.
As I looked at the picture, I though, WOW that looks like the window in my first store. The more I looked, I realized, it is the window in my first store. I read more.

This store opened May 1 at 48 Inn Street.
I re-read it. 48 Inn Street. That was my first address: 48 Inn Street, then I moved in to 46 and 48 Inn Street, then I moved up around the corner into 22 Pleasant Street. OMG! What are the chances that ten years after I closed my store, another store would open in my space, that sold needlepoint!

I wish her much luck, it is a lovely place to have a store.

The circle closes, much like a French Knot.

No comments:

Post a Comment