Sunday, August 16, 2009

KNOW YOUR INGREDIENTS




I went to the nutritionist last week because...let's face it I am FAT (see above picture folks--I am not pregnant...unless I am giving birth to a food baby). Interestingly enough, I weigh 27 pounds more today than I weighed when I quit going to him 5 years ago. So with my tail tucked between my legs (lower, nothing could wedge between the upper legs), I went back to see Dr. Oliver.

While in the waiting room with Andrea (yes I dragged her with me), I picked up a book called "Nourishing Traditions". This is subtitled "The Cookbook that Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats". I opened it and found that they had sections dispersed throughout the book called Know Your Ingredients.

I read to Andrea the following:

Strawberry filling (corn syrup, dextrose, strawberries, crackermeal, apples, wheat starch, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, citric acid, xanthan gum, red #40), enriched wheat flour, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, corn syrup, sugar, whey, dextrose, salt, baking powder, bakins soda. Vitamins and minerals, niacinamide, iron, vitamin A (palmitate) vitamin B6 (pyridoxine hydrochloride), vitamin B2 (riboflavin), vitamine B1 (thiamin hydrochloride), and folic acid.


Immediately, Andrea and I looked at each other and said POPTARTS! I checked in the back and we were right.....



I need a nutrition intervention. The fact that I know what that is and could still sit down and eat a six pack of POPTARTS is frightening.

No comments:

Post a Comment