Wednesday, April 1, 2009

SUPERMARKET SWEEPS

Today Jerome came back to work. As I left the house this morning, I thought, I should get him a welcome back cake. On my way to the store, I thought...maybe they could put a foot on the cake. I do not mean step on it....I mean like a foot in a cast. Then I thought, that isn't right--they operated on his knee. Maybe they could put the knee on the cake. YIKES! How stupid would that cake look--a gnarly, scarred knee on a cake. Then I thought, they probably would not be able to put a knee on the cake anyway.

I arrive at the grocery store, find a cake, and tell them to write Jerome on the cake.

J-E-R-O-M-E, I spell!

Huh?

J-E-R-O-M-E, again I spell.

Huh?

J-E-ROME.

OK! She smiles and off she goes.

She brings the cake out--all smiles.

I look down, and there is the cake

WELCOME BACK!!

JAROME!

Jerome....Jarome....it's all the same to me--I am just very glad he is back at work!! The dynamic just wasn't right without him.





No comments:

Post a Comment