Sunday, March 22, 2009

BLACK HOLE OF ELECTRONICS

Yes, you know of whom I speak...and his name is Henry. It has long been a family joke that Henry has some weird force around him that negates anything electronic.

We have an electronic "hand-me-down" policy...like you were back the youngest of 23 children. I find it ironic, that I will be in the Apple store getting "my" MacBook fixed. The MacBook that was Cliff's until he got a MacBook Pro. Then it became mine. The nice little Apple Genius guy wearing a t-shirt that says, Santa has elves, you have me!, asks me a question that requires a call to Cliff for an answer. I use my cell phone which I received from Cliff as a hand-me-down when he got an iPhone. Now you have the background.

As things pass down, I get Cliff's phone. Henry gets my phone. I should mention here that my cell phone looks fabulously throughout our home...until it becomes Henry's phone. Then it no longer works!! A-mazing!!

Today, Henry sits in the living room and I walk by and see that he is on my computer. I have a strange urge to race over and rip it from his hands. I come to my senses...think that I am being over-protective of an electronic object. I quell my fears and go and take a bath.

Then I hear the dreaded..."There is something wrong with your computer." It is an Apple....there is NEVER anything wrong with my computer (except for a problem battery). "What's wrong?" I ask. It doesn't go on anymore.

He was right.
It does not go on anymore.
It makes no noise.
It has no lights.
It has flatlined.

You will be able to reach me at 10:45 tomorrow morning at the Genius Bar in Fashion Valley on my iPhone.

Do you think that he has the ability to suck the life out of all electronic devices--I am in the Twilight on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment