Sunday, February 8, 2009

DARWIN LIVES!!

The Darwin Awards celebrate, well, let's face it, the stupid. The stupid are alive and well and proving the theory that...the gene pool has indeed been reduced to it's lower denominator.

Last week one of our good customers had about $4,000 in domestics stolen from her car. She called to alert us that they might show up. We re-sold her the merchandise.

Today, I get a call from one of my peeps to help him do an override to give a customer back money rather than a mail check which is what was coming up in the system. When I got to the department...my guy was awaiting me. He said he thought something was "fishy" because the customer had said that it was a gift and who would receive a gift of different size and color sheets.

I tracked down the "CRL" and then found the original receipt...and "Voila!" it was our customer who had had everything stolen....she shall be called Polly Purchaser.

We called Loss Prevention, wrote down the Drivers License # of the returner. I explained that he could only get a send check. He says OK and goes to find the girlfriend.

Up he and the girlfriend come. She is carrying jeans. She is upset

  • my aunt gave me those sheets as a gift. I just want to exchange the sheets for the jeans.
  • Sorry I can only give you a mail check--no exchanges. Mail check or I can return it to the American Express it was charged on.
  • But, I have a receipt!!
  • A receipt??
  • Here is the receipt!
...what does she hand me. Yup, it is true. She hands me the original customer's receipt for pick up of a pre-sell. She hands it to me.

"Oh, you did not tell me you were Polly's niece! She is a wonderful customer of ours--Sally helps her all the time. Shall we call Polly for you and see if she wants us to give you cash back. I can do that for you!"

Oddly enough they opted to await their "mail-check".

Can you believe they actually tried to use the original customer's receipt.

They are being frugal a whole new way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment