Friday, January 31, 2014

SOUNDS OF SILENCE

I have a few vices....one of which is a total and complete love of Law & Order.  

I will watch any Law & Order, at any time, regardless of how many times I have seen it, or which one it is...Law & Order


Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

Law & Order: Criminal Intent
(My fave...I admit...the tilt of Vincent D'Onofrio's head, Jeff Goldblum's piano playing, sigh)

Law & Order: Trial by Jury
(Does anyone other than me think it is odd that a lot of this cast is now on Blue Bloods??)
Law & Order: LA

or
Law & Order: UK
I record many of the episodes so if I am disappointed with something on the tele I can have something to watch (ok Chopped is always a "winner, winner, chicken dinner")

As we sit, and you here the classic gavel drop (duh duh), Henry will say "I think that we have seen this?"  I say, "No, I don't think so." and there we sit, watching.  Halfway through, Henry will say--you are right, I don't remember this at all!!  There is something nice about routines.

We were having our usual dinner on Friday night at Italio (think Chipotle for Italian food), and Henry says, "The oddest thing today.  I kept hearing a sound.  It sounded like the gavel on Law and Order.  I looked everywhere.  I thought maybe it was outside...someone doing construction.  It is so annoying!"

I looked at him in astonishment.  "You really have no idea what it is??"  "No," he said,  "it really did sound like Law and Order, you know the duh duh at the beginning."

I started laughing.  Henry, it is my text sound.  Were you texting me?  I checked my phone--during the afternoon alone he had texted me 12 times, much less all of the other texts that I got.  Thank Heavens, it was not a phone, he would have listened to the Raymond Burr theme song every time it rang.

Perhaps that explains why my phone is always on vibrate!!

No comments:

Post a Comment