Thursday, January 2, 2014

La de da

In 1978 I went to work for Estée Lauder and began the adventure of a lifetime.

The movie of the year was the always hysterical Annie Hall.


There are so many classic scenes in this movie, but the lobsters will always be a favorite.



...or the bumper cars...



or Marshall McLuhan ... Ahh, I digress.

The reason this is important is that everyone wanted to be Annie Hall...or at least dress like her.  Layering was the way to go. Shirts and vests, and floppy hats.  It was great.  If people could layer their clothes, why not their fragrances...enter the introduction of THE NEW ROMANTICS by Estée Lauder.


This was a new concept for the company and involved the introduction of three independent fragrances that were developed to work together when you layered them:  Pavilion, Celadon, and White Linen.  Only one remains, as the concept was ahead of it's time and still remains elusive today....the clear winner was White Linen.

My clear favorite was Pavilion.

Why did I go off on this tangent you ask??

Well, in sorting through stuff preparing for our move in February I found soap.  Not just any soap--that's right, Pavilion Soap.  It was so precious I did not want to use it and then have no more, so I saved it...for 35 years.  
I have to say that I think it has held up much better than I have. It was nestled nicely with a bar of Azuree (quite simply the best soap ever).
Still unable to tear open the cellophane--I regifted the 33 year old soap.  Won't someone be excited when they receive it!!

I was going to title this Saver or Hoarder, you be the judge!! but I did not really want to hear the answer.

Let's see what I find next.....


Happy New Year!!






No comments:

Post a Comment