Tuesday, November 8, 2011

CONFESSION: I AM A CRACK ADDICT!

You can tell just by looking at someone's eye (please view this un-retouched photo)


Note the large pouch under the eye
  • lack of sleep
  • salt retention
  • Now that I am really looking--tragic application of makeup (excuse me while I go fix that)
  • All signs of 
  
ADDICTION
I am a crack addict!
It started small--as all addicts will tell you.  You start with one and then it escalates.  One is not enough, then two....

Where did this path begin, you ask?  It began with a Diet...
one of the approved snacks became the downfall...
 

PISTACHIOS

LOOK AT THEM THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL






It began quietly...I read the directions and it said that I could have 12 as a snack.  Cool, I can sit and slowly eat my twelve while I watch TV.  I actually have a pistachio dish (OK, a prep dish, but it works)
It is a great snack...healthy, salty, tasty.  Then I began taking them into the bathtub for my soak and read time.



This requires two dishes, one for new and one for cast-offs so to speak.  I began eating them quickly, so I attempted to pace myself--one for every 5 pages on my Kindle--I have my Kindle on a very big font so 5 pages not so much.  I couldn't do it.

Occassionally I get one that you cannot crack with your teeth or hands--now I know what the nice heavy candles in the bathtub are really for...smashing pistachios.

As habits go, I suppose it is not so bad.  even though I find myself getting up in the middle of the night, scuffling to the kitchen, getting one (or two) nuts, then brushing my teeth and going back to bed again.  Probably part of the eye issue as well.

The good news is I have lost 20 pounds.
The bad news is I have a new and very annoying habit.


No comments:

Post a Comment