Wednesday, May 12, 2010

NAPA DDD TOUR

What better place to spend some time for our 30th anniversary than at the person's house that we became married 30 years ago?  For those of you who guessed Henry's ex-wife Judy, you are right again.  Yes, friends, for those of you who are unaware of the story...Henry and I married in his ex-wife's living room 30 years ago.  Andrea was there.  Schooly took the pictures.  The kids wore clogs (thanks to me!!).  Henry wore a brown suit.  I borrowed my dress...and my hat...and my shoes...what can I say, my priorities were askew.  Then we went on our "honeymoon" to Disney with....that is right his parents, his sister, her husband, and her kids.  With a beginning like that who would have thought that I would be doing this post 30 years later.

So we are here staying with Judy and her husband Kurt...I could not help myself I love this picture of them!!

I love this picture!  I know they hate it.....but they love the picture of their dog Cooper.




Yesterday we went to a familiar place that is on the DDD route--Taylor's Refresher, which is now Gott's Roadside.  The only thing that they have changed is the name.  We went to the one in St. Helena, which gave me time to go to the cute little knitting store called Muse.  I bought a couple of skeins of Koigu, and although I defended her, she really was not very pleasant.  Cute store tho.

Last night we went to hear rehearse for a concert with a band....I wanted to take a picture, but I really had the wrong lens. But it was wonderful.  I recorded it on my iPhone and when I figure out what to do with it it could become his ring tone.  I will let you know the progress on that.

This morning Henry and I headed off to Calistoga..which we passed and decided to head to Healdsburg.  Along the way we saw a place called Jimtown.  What a find!!! It was charming and the food was delish.  Henry and I split Fire Roasted Poblano, Jack Cheese, Mushroom, and Onion, with Roast Garlic Aioli on Sourdough, and then we had a side of Melon Seed Pasta with Chopped Olive, Cucumber, Spring Onions, Carrots, and Garden Herbs.  Then Henry went back and got the vegetarian chili....yum-o!!  Did I mention it was charming.

This "store" was started by two people from NY one of whom was the part owner of the infamous Silver Palate in NY.   Why should I expect it to be less than fabulous!

















Not much could be be better than this, but we actually went to dinner at a place that had Octopus Burrito, called La Taquiza.  It was great (I, of course, skipped the Octopus anything, but Henry loved it).  I do wish we had one of these closer to work, home, or anywhere.

Off to SF tomorrow to see our good friend Karen.....we always have tons of fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment