Wednesday, August 12, 2009

THE WHIRLWIND FRIEND TOUR


Well, Saturday the infamous BFF Andrea arrived. I am so excited!!! I am sure she will not like this picture either but sh has traded in no eyebrows for bangs and floral for leopard. This picture was at the Padre game on Sunday!!! We had a great time!
Monday we headed up to Los Angeles for sightseeing. On the way up we began telling the stories of strange pets the kids have had...gerbil tales and gerbil tails.

I then began telling Andrea the story of my baby chick that I had when I was a little girl. This little chick followed me everywhere...she was so cute. My mother had a few issues with the little trails left by the chick...chickdoodle, so to speak. I had a Madame Alexander Genie doll (a little baby, so cute in a sunsuit) that happened to be the same size as the chick. The next day, the little chick was running around after me wearing her little sunsuit. Every night my mother would take the chick, remove the jumpsuit, wash it out and hang it over the kitchen sink. This process occurred ove and over until the little chick tried to follow me to the bedroom by zipping behind my mom's rocking chair...you can imagine the rest!!


I hopped off the highway and attempted to find the house that we lived in at that time...the neighborhood is haing a sort of a revival (at least the house is no longer orange). But, oh, my gosh, it is sooooo small. My sister came home from the hospital with Lauri to this house, lot's of memories. If you look really hard you can see the ghost of the hanging sunsuit in the right hand window.


This house across the street was lived in by a woman that I never saw, but she had about 28 cats...no exaggeration! Now it looks like Hansel and Gretel may be headed home.
This is my elementary school, La Ballona. The strangest thing to me is that all of these things are still in tact much as they were over 50 years ago!!!

We headed up to Pasadena and wandered about...I will share some pictures

I love this picture of Andrea, but I know that she will hate it!


It does not take two pair of glasses to see that "tomorrow we diet" is not an understatement. OMG maybe I do need to color my hair--it really does not look "blonde". Seriously....when did my stomach get this large...food baby coming out!

We headed to the hotel and threw our new matching luggage on the bed (courtesy of a trip to HomeGoods).

We settled in and prepared ourself for the "star" of the tour....that's right!!

Then off to the Getty Villa in Malibu....keep in mind for future visits that it is closed on Tuesday and Wednesday...but still we got to Malibu!!

All in all a great trip!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment