Wednesday, May 27, 2009

DISORDERLY

One of my friends, Pat Schooley Smoot, just sent me this quote from A. A. Milne, of Pooh fame:

"One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries."

All of this because in the cleaning up over the past couple of days I found something that she purchased at the ever wonderful Architectural Salvage here in San Diego in January of 2003. They are wonderful carved wood pieces.




I found them standing against the wall of a closet under my size 4 clothing that I finally donated (most of) to charity. It was an "aha" moment.

She just had her 25th wedding anniversary. I thought that would be a nice gift--shipping them to her.

SURPRISE!!!

Reminder to Pat--you should have sent the quote after I shipped them. I could always wait for your 50th anniversary.

Now what are the chances that I will find my Cartier Santos watch that has been missing since 2001??

No comments:

Post a Comment