Thursday, March 5, 2009

A TALE OF TWO BOOKSHELVES

Today was the day for new carpeting...excitement abounds. Even MacKenzie looks exciting!!



First paint...then carpet. Clearly a new choice for me...shades of brown. Yikes! Aliens might have taken over my body!!! The world of Conservative Cathi begins.



Now the reorganization of furniture....begins. I made this brilliant decision to move the bookshelves from the living room up the stairs to the second floor landing. Perfect.

All of this is dependent upon the largess of the nice men doing the carpet. Will they carry the very heavy bookshelves upstairs. Henry bought them lunch, schmoozed them a little and offered them $20 to carry the units upstairs. I gave him $40 thinking $20 each....nope frugal Henry gave them $20, but they seemed happy.

So, I begin moving the books that are all over everywhere upstairs, only to realize that the shelving was sideways. SIDEWAYS!! Please note the little feet on the right hand side...


Of course, this became my fault. Henry helped them carry the bookshelves upstairs....he needed me to supervise to make sure that they were not sideways.

Please keep in mind that when on their side...not only are their little feet out to the side, but they are not even the same height.


Now they are upstairs. They are heavy. They need to be rotated. To rotate we need higher ceilings. Now I need to find someone able to rotate heavy shelving.

But yet....my fault. The power of observation is a wonderful thing!! But the house is looking good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment