Friday, February 20, 2009

SANTA FE FRUGAL STYLE

The weather in Santa Fe was spectacular today.

Began the day at one of my favorite little restaurants on the Plaza, the Plaza Cafe. I adore the fact that their walls are "tiled" with broken plates. I can almost see the idea germinating as you continued to see the plates chipped, broken, unuseable....let's tile the wall with them. Only black...only white....throw in a little tin ceiling and pink neon and it is perfect.


A walk along Santa Fe's infamous Canyon Road led to some wonderful large sculptures:

boy resting (only the trees are real--his legs are about 15 feet away)


a beautiful plated rhino
rock paper scissors (the only way to play the game)


girl with birds

and a close-up of her fabulous face

Walking from one gallery to the next I found some interesting juxtapositions of color and texture. This is definitive of Santa Fe for me.


Some of my favorite artists from my favorite galleries:


Olga Anatova teacups (I first fell in love with her at Chameleon Arts Gallery in Newburyport MA so I was excited to find her here at Selby Fleetwood Gallery

Also at Selby Fleetwood Gallery you can find the phenomenal works of Cristina Chalmers. Words and pictures do not do justice to this woman's work. I have encluded a few pictures of my fave work of hers currently.


Then wandering down to Waxlander Gallery

you find the wonderful whimsical works of Lori Faye Bock. In each one of the Polka Dots on her dress there is a fabulous quote from a fabulous woman...from Liv Ullman to Anais Nin to Toni Morrison. She rocks!

Then on to visit an old fave Melinda K. Hall at the Patricia Carlisle Fine Art Gallery where she was showing her new work---OMG. I thought it would be perfect to show her version of

rock paper scissors

While there I discovered a new artist Adam Shaw


The photo does not do his work justice.

All in all a good day. By my most recent calculations I saved $50,000 (estimated spending only includes paintings)...and, of course, a house with walls big enough to hang all of the above.

After all this saving I am starving....on to Cafe Pasqual (yumo)


No comments:

Post a Comment