Sunday, January 25, 2009

THE HEART OF DARKNESS


Last night I went to a movie--"Last Chance Harvey". A nice movie. Great actors, Pathetic lives. Romance. As I am leaving the theater, I hear the people in front of me saying it was the worst movie they had ever seen. I wondered--Gosh, I wonder what movie they had seen--then I realized we were still in the theater and had seen the same movie. YIKES!

I get home and Henry wants to watch "Traffic". Great movie when I first saw it in 2000. Five hours into the two and a half hour movie...just when it was getting good...

Every light in the house went out.
Every light on our street went out.
Our street lamps went out.
Our neighborhood was dark.

After realizing these things I was happy I had refrained from asking Henry if he had paid the bill.

Then, I remembered something about them shutting down the electricity to do some changes to the transformers or something. But at 10:38 Saturday night?

We stumbled to the bedroom in darkness, where Henry tried to go online to see what was going on....it's cute how we actually do not think that the internet does run on electricity at some point.

Power this morning at 7AM.

That is my "dog ate the homework" excuse for not posting yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment