Saturday, January 10, 2009

BIG (MAC) DEAL


I know that it goes against the grain of my resolutions to be addressing the conundrum of how many Big Mac's should one buy. But that was the dilemma today. The logic astounds me but here we go.

It is inventory time, so I spent the morning laying sheets (retail speak) and decided to reward myself with a trip to the Golden Arches. I counted the walk down the mall at a leisurely pace as my exercise of the day. This is proof that anything can be rationalized.


After standing in line, I had decided to get a Big Mac. I'll have a Big Mac I say. Big Mac is
$3.29, or 2 for $3.50, my waitperson says. What?? for $.21 I can get another Big Mac. I turned to Theresa my lunch buddy and asked if she wanted a Big Mac...nope...Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese was he weapon of choice. I called Buddy and asked if he wanted to be my "Big Mac Buddy" and he agreed. But wait, there's more.

OK....two Big Mac's and a Diet Coke. Not working!! No Diet Cokes....just regular Cokes. Regular Coke. OMG WWPMD (what would Paul McKenna do)? Seriously, I just stood there and could not figure out what to do?? The fact that I had just ordered a 540 calorie sandwich with 29 grams of fat did not bother me at all....but no diet.

So (close your ears Paul McKenna), I had a Big Mac, a real Coke, and a couple of Tums and was good to go. Maybe there is no hope for Paul McKenna---the I can make you thin man!

No comments:

Post a Comment